Tuesday, November 03, 2009

out of the mouths of babes

Last night in the car, I told my daughter I'd been at a school location that brought back memories -- it's where I met the woman who was sort of dating my husband at the times, and she introduced us.

I said, 23 years ago. It's a long time.
My daughter said, yes it is. And you should still be married.
I said, well technically I am, and reminded her we weren't going to talk about divorce, then explained the diff between separation and D.

She informed me she would not be sleeping over at her dad's new place. When I asked why she said she wanted him to come visit her at our home, thinking maybe she could force him to return. I tried to tell her that you can't force someone to do what they don't want to do, that is be married to me anymore. She said, well I'm still not sleeping over there.

I said, that's fine, it's your decision.

I don't think her dad was prepared for these reactions. He'll be sad. But maybe that's not such a bad thing.

No comments: