Wednesday, June 02, 2010

I Do... Not

I've given some thought to the whole idea of remarriage, and have decided that it's not for me. Of course, that might be easy at the moment, given there's nobody banging my door down. But since my ex is entangled, and most likely will be for some time to come, and possibly for good, if I were to get likewise entangled, then my kids wouldn't have any place where there wouldn't be an intruder. No matter how nice a step parent is, from what I've read, the kids always feel like either the step is an intruder in some way, or that they are the intruders in someone else's home. It bears out the saying, the home is where the heart is, and since kids ALWAYS want their parents together, and that's what is in their hearts, the only real home, until they make one of their own with a special someone, is where the parents are.

It's just not something I'd want to subject my children to, at least not as long as they're living under this roof.

Of course there's also a selfish reason -- I'm quite happy this way, having my children around. AND I can do whatever I please and not worry that someone else finds me wanting.

No comments: