Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Who Loves Ya ....

I have a few single mother friends, and we help each other out -- watching out for each other's kids mainly, or insisting they sit down and have dinner with us.

Given my daughter's occasional remarks about how much she'd like to live in a community like Redwall (Medieval mice living in a castle), with everyone making soup together, I've been thinking about this more.

Without the "man" around the house, space miraculously opens up and your home feels almost huge. It's a shame not to share it.

So I'm thinking I should rent or buy a huge house in the country, invite all the single moms I know, and call it the Home for Unwanted Mothers. The one prerequisite is that your husband has to have left for another woman -- hence the unwanted moniker.

No comments: