Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Heading to Integrity

Today while sitting on my rain-washed deck and tossing the ball for my obsessive white lab, Emma, I read my daily devotions. I've been working through the Psalms, and today I read 26. I usually have to read the Bible chapter over and over just to get the proper feel and understanding and today was no different. Finally on the second or third read, the key words started to sink in. For me to acquire integrity (does one acquire this like your taste for martinis?), there were a few things I would have to do.
-- trusted in the Lord without wavering
-- walk in faithfulness to you
-- singing aloud a song of thanksgiving, and telling all your wondrous deeds
-- love the house in which you dwell

In order to gain integrity, it seems we must trust in God, be faithful to Him, sing his praises, thank Him for all things, and love the house in which he dwells (and that would mean His church, even though we all know that God is not restricted by actual walls and ceilings).

And so, integrity comes from worship.

No comments: