Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Mirror, Mirror in my hand

The other night, after I said goodnight to Anna, my 8 year old, I poked my head in the door again and saw she was sitting up hunched over something in her bed. So I went in, noticed the pocket mirror in her hand, and asked what she was doing.

She told me she had a dream in mind, and wanted to be in it, so she was memorizing her face, and keeping the mirror handy so that if she forgot what she looked like while dreaming (and thus could not dream about herself) she could sit up and look in the mirror again!

It made me think about how much God might study our faces, so that when he has a dream to unfold he can imagine us acting in this divine play.

1 comment:

Belinda said...

Anna has to start writing! That way she can put herself in the story and enjoy it over and over again. :)